If you're looking for alternatives to your traditional nursing role, you're not alone.
Fun fact: Google search volume for "farewell aesthetic nursesmore than doubled compared to last year.
With the added stress on nurses, it's no wonder that flexible, entrepreneurial roles outside the hospital are becoming just what the doctor ordered (pun intended)! At the top of the list of career changes are cosmetic nursing jobs and nursing jobs at Hydreight.
Both nursing jobs are similar in spirit, susceptible to growthcosmetic proceduresand the popularization of wellness therapies. You may have even noticed that Hydreight nurses are trending on TikTok. So what is #Hydreightnurse all about? Do the benefits of esthetic nurses outweigh IV care?
Read on as we share the details of how to be a Hydreight Nurse vs. Cosmetic Nurse. Think about: job differences, pay and more.
First things first - what is a Hydreight nurse?
Before we answer what a Hydreight nurse is, let's explain what a Hydreight nurse is. Hydreight is a popular mobile offering of health and wellness servicesIV hydration therapypatients. Intravenous therapy for patients can be administered in homes, hotel rooms, and, well, just about anywhere else that is necessary and reasonable.
Sometimes used synonymously with "IV IV nurse", a Hydreight nurse is a mobile IV nurse who joins the Hydreight medical network. This allows them to distribute IV drips (and potentially other services) to customers who book them through the Hydreight app. In this article, we will use the terms interchangeably, as we do with cosmetic, esthetician, and spa nurses.
Like cosmetic nursing jobs, a nursing job at Hydreight is a non-traditional nursing role that offers more flexibility but requires more travel and an unconventional work environment.
Typically, IV nurses cannot perform dermatological and cosmetic procedures, such ascosmetic injections (eg Botox, Dysport and Xeomin)edermal fillers. For that, they had to undergo the necessary training. In this sense, cosmetic nurses have a greater specialization.
What is a cosmetic nurse?
Aaesthetic or cosmetic nurseis a registered nurse (RN) or registered nurse (NP) with additional education and expertise in aesthetic and dermatological procedures. Unlike plastic surgery nurses who can assist with procedures, cosmetic surgery nurses donon-surgical cosmetic proceduresthey act independently.
The degree of autonomy of the cosmetic nurse depends on the status of the practice, the clinic and the type of ownership.
aesthetic nursesexecutemedical examinations, patient interviews, skin and health assessments, and a range of non-surgical procedures, including:
- cosmetic injections
- laser treatments
- Non-invasive body contouring procedures
- Skin treatments such as chemical peels andmicrodermabrasion
In many ways, cosmetic nursing jobs are both an art and a science. learn more aboutaesthetic care and how to become an aesthetic nurse.
Pros and Cons: Hydraight Nursing Jobs Vs. Cosmetic nurse?
Hydreight nursing and cosmetic nursing jobs offer many unique benefits. Before we explore the specific pros and cons, let's first dive into the mutual benefits of both areas of nursing.
Benefits shared by Hydreight and cosmetic nurse jobs:
- Flexible working hours:Nurses can set their own working hours, work different hours and in fixed or mobile locations.
- Higher wages and purchasing power:independent nurses earn10 to 20% morerather than traditionally employed nurses, with unlimited possibilities asown owner of a medical spa. Hydreight nurses claim victoryover $76 an hour!
- independence:There is more ownership of the work they do with the ability to design what their career looks like.
- Direct interaction with the patient:Ability to continue serving patients and fostering true 1:1 connections with a less intensive workload.
While not necessarily an advantage or disadvantage, it should be noted that Hydreight Nurses has a contract with 1099 nurses. This means they are independent contractors (ICs). Cosmetic nurses who run their own medical spas are also considered self-employed. KIs have to pay a high self-employment tax (double ratesfor Social Security and Medicare taxes compared to work colleagues) and do their own bookkeeping. However, they can also cause business costs.
Benefits of being a Hydright nurse:
- Manageable workload:Nurses do not have to deal with complex and stressful patient files. Instead, you can determine the right number of customers for you and your schedule.
- Open a business with ease:Working under Hydreight allows nurses to start their own legal businesses without an LLC. Plus, you get access to Hydreight's connections to healthcare providers and doctors.
- Coverage and Support:As part of the franchise, nurses have greater coverage and support. As a turnkey business model, nurses start their own IV drip business with training and marketing support.
Disadvantages of the Hydreight Nurse:
- Saturated market:Hydreight nurses primarily book clients through the Hydreight app. The app's model is similar to Uber, with the fastest provider "taking over" a job from the queue and getting it first. In this sense, the nurse must be "on board" to build a complete agenda.
- Security problems:As a traveling nurse, you must visit clients in a variety of locations, including hotels and swimming pools. This can be a security issue, especially if you need to serve clients in unfamiliar or unsafe areas and feel competitive about accepting work through the app before doing your due diligence.
- Variable workload:While there is more flexibility, occupancy is also unpredictable and can increase during nights, weekends or special events.
- rice factor:Traveling from one customer to another means a lot of driving time, packing and unpacking, parking, etc. It takes a lot of time and effort.
- Payment of Revenue Reduction to Hydreight:Hydreight charges a 10% gross commission on all services, not to mention transaction and processing fees.
- Create your own schedule:Unlike the unpredictable nature of the Hydreight app, you can schedule meetings in advance, giving you more control over your work-life balance.
Build a loyal customer base:While working for Hydreight can provide you with a platform to start a business, working as a cosmetic nurse gives you the choice to: join an established independent practice or start your own medical spa business and build an established customer base. Each path to your first cosmetic nursing job means fewer one-off clients.
- Choose your location:Unlike the nature of a nursing job at Hydreight that requires a lot of travel, a cosmetic nurse can choose to work in a fixed location, such as a beauty clinic, or open a spa in any location of their choice. This allows you to avoid the security issues and travel time associated with handling multiple user locations. Bonus: No app usage or deductions required!
- A safer and less stressful work environment:Cosmetic care usually takes place in a controlled clinical environment. This is generally safer and less stressful than visiting customers in multiple locations, which can be unpredictable or unsafe.
- Add IV infusion therapy as a service:Not only can you offer IV drip therapy as one of your services, just like a Hydreight nurse, but you also have the ability to offer a wider range of aesthetic treatments, giving you a wider clientele.
cosmetic nurse vs
- Longer working day:In the early stages of building your business, you may need to put in many hours to build a customer base and ensure your business is profitable.
- Sales skills:Although this is not always a negative, as a cosmetic nurse who runs your own clinic, you will need to be more involved in selling the right services to your patients. For some, this may be a learned skill.
- Specific requirements for education and training: Again, while not necessarily a disadvantage, cosmetic care requires specialized training, esthetics certification, and job tracking. You also need to be up-to-date with the latest cosmetic procedures and treatments, which means constant education.
How much do aesthetic nurse jobs pay near me?
ZipRecruiter reports that entry-level cosmetic nurse injectors earn an average of$94 per hour in the US. Location greatly affects potential earnings, with some cities and states paying more. Cosmetic Nurse Practitioners in Sunnyvale and Livermore, CA earn approx112,000 dollarsper year, while in Tennessee they earn an average99,310 dollarsper year.
Start your own spait can be even more financially rewarding if you build your own practice and even create cosmetic nursing jobs for others.
Read more about cosmetic nurse vacancies, your earning potential and how to become one in this entire article!
Nurse Hydreight Vs. Cosmetic nurse jobs; TLDR
The fact that you are here exploring your next chapter as a nurse is a huge step forward! Entering cosmetic care or IV therapy is not for the faint of heart, but the more you know, the better prepared you will be to advance your career.
Special needs nurses, like cosmetic nurses, value flexibility and high wages, but face safety concerns, a competitive environment, and unpredictability. Cosmetic nurses create their own successful practices and provide cosmetic services in safer, more controlled environments. They also rely on themselves and their community to build a business where the sky is the limit.
Congratulations on being one step closer to a career in creative nursing!
Learn how Moxie is helping nurses create their own aesthetic caregiving jobs!
The field of medical aesthetics can be difficult to break into and may have its challenges, but is such a rewarding career for those who are truly passionate about instilling confidence through an artistic and scientific form.What are the pros of being a cosmetic nurse? ›
One of the pros of being a plastic surgery nurse is that you can work in various settings. For example, you could choose to work in a hospital, an outpatient facility, or even a private practice. This means that you have many options when it comes to your career, and you can find a setting that best suits your needs.Is being a cosmetic nurse hard? ›
If you do not like school or taking tests, becoming an aesthetic nurse can be difficult. You must receive a Bachelor's degree, at minimum, and complete a licensing exam to start practicing. But if these requirements sound okay to you, you may not find the process very difficult at all.What type of registered nurse makes the most money? ›
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist consistently ranks as the highest-paid nursing career. That is because Nurse Anesthetists are highly skilled Registered Nurses who work closely with medical staff during medical procedures that require anesthesia.Where do cosmetic nurses make the most money? ›
- Alaska. Alaska is the state with the highest average salary for Aesthetic Nurse Practitioners. ...
- 2. California. Aesthetic NPs in California make $105,815 per year on average. ...
- D.C. ...
- New Jersey. ...
|Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
With the increased demand for aesthetic services and the expected job growth for RNs, aesthetic nursing is a field on the rise. Pursuing a career in aesthetic nursing helps meet the growing demand for aesthetic services and offers the satisfaction of providing treatments that can make people happier and more confident.What is the difference between cosmetic nurse and aesthetic nurse? ›
Aesthetic Nurses are also known in the industry as Cosmetic Nurses. Some employers also use alternative spellings for the position, such as Esthetic Nurse or Esthetician's Nurse. The main focus of the specialty is on cosmetic and dermatological procedures.What is the difference between aesthetic nurse and cosmetic nurse? ›
Cosmetic nurses assist plastic surgeons and dermatologists in providing treatments for patients seeking to improve self-confidence. They can also perform many treatments themselves. An aesthetics nurse can perform or assist with many procedures, such as: Collagen replacement therapy.What is the hardest type of nurse to be? ›
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) nurses. ICU is an extremely high-pressure environment and these nurses work with patients who have significant injuries and disease with added morbidity risks. ...
- Emergency Department nurses. ...
- Neonatal ICU. ...
- OR nursing. ...
- Oncology Nursing. ...
- Psychiatric Nursing.
- Long shifts. Nurses often work 10- or 12-hour shifts. ...
- Changing schedules. ...
- Emotional involvement. ...
- Physical demands. ...
- Exposure to illness and chemicals. ...
- Lack of nurses. ...
- Changing technology. ...
- Poor treatment from patients.
In general, it takes 4-7 years to become a cosmetic/aesthetic nurse (it depends upon the type of degree obtained and length of time spent passing the NCLEX-RN).Who are the highest to lowest paid nurses? ›
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist – $202,000.
- Nursing Administrator – $120,000.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse – $120,000.
- General Nurse Practitioner – $118,000.
- Critical Care Nurse – $118,000.
- Certified Nurse Midwife – $114,000.
- Informatics Nurse – $102,000.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist – $95,000.
- Become a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) ...
- Become a Nurse Practitioner (NP) ...
- Become a Nurse Midwife. ...
- Advance in Nurse Leadership. ...
- Begin travel nursing assignment. ...
- Change Nursing specialties. ...
- Relocate to a higher paying state. ...
- Make sacrifices.
Very. Results from a 2020 survey indicate that almost two-thirds of nurses (62%) experience burnout. It's especially common among younger nurses, with 69% of nurses under 25 reporting burnout.What is a nurse that does Botox called? ›
A certified aesthetics nurse specialist can administer Botox and other dermal fillers.To obtain this credential, an RN should complete the following: - 2 years of supervised work under a board-certified physician.Where is the highest paid nurse in the world? ›
Switzerland: Nurses in Switzerland have some of the highest salaries in the world, with an average annual salary of around $85000. Canada: Nurses in Canada earn an average annual salary of around $75000. Germany: Nurses in Germany have an average salary of around $65000.Who makes more money than nurses? ›
Doctors. While both nurse practitioners and doctors can enjoy the benefit of great incomes, doctors make almost twice as much as nurse practitioners.How much do cosmetic nurses make in the US? ›
How much does a Cosmetic Nurse make in the United States? The average Cosmetic Nurse salary in the United States is $67,071 as of May 25, 2023, but the salary range typically falls between $60,566 and $77,010.How much do cosmetic nurses make in Florida? ›
Aesthetic nurses in Florida earn an average of $78,218 per year (or $37.61 per hour).
How much does an Aesthetic Nurse make in Texas? As of Jun 5, 2023, the average annual pay for an Aesthetic Nurse in Texas is $73,976 a year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $35.57 an hour. This is the equivalent of $1,422/week or $6,164/month.How will nursing change in the next 5 years? ›
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects 9% job growth for registered nurses (RNs) and 45% job growth for nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, and nurse anesthetists between 2020 and 2030. Both percentages are significantly higher than the 8% average growth projected for all professions for the same period.How will nursing change in the next 10 years? ›
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of registered nurses (RN) will grow by 6% between 2021-2031. Every year, over 203,200 openings for RNs will need to be filled over the next decade due to retiring nurses and nurses who switch to a different occupation.What type of nurse is a cosmetic nurse? ›
Cosmetic Nursing focuses primarily on cosmetic and dermatologic procedures. Cosmetic Nurses assist physicians with various surgical procedures including breast augmentation, liposuction, rhinoplasty, and abdominoplasty.What are aesthetic nurses called? ›
Aesthetic nurses are also called cosmetic nurses, esthetician nurses, esthetic nurses, and plastic surgery nurses. Aesthetic nurses may be self-employed or work as employees at: dermatology offices. outpatient clinics. private clinics.Why you should be an aesthetic nurse? ›
With a focus primarily on cosmetic and dermatologic procedures, aesthetic nurses manage their clients with the utmost care and consideration as they assist them on their journey for bettering their own health, sense of self, overall wellbeing and appearance.Can you be an aesthetic injector without being a nurse? ›
The qualifications that you need to become an injector (also a laser operator in California) is to hold a license as a: Registered Nurse, Physicians Assistant, Nurse Practitioner or Physician.Can RNS give Botox in Florida? ›
In Florida, only a Nurse Practitioner, not an RN, LPN or CNA, may perform these injectable services. At OBI BioAesthetic Institute, licensed Nurse Practitioners offer Aesthetic Medicine services, including Botox®, injectable fillers such as Juvéderm, ® Restylane®, Radiesse, and Versa®, plus platelet rich plasma (PRP).Who can administer Botox? ›
In order to administer Botox injections, you must be a physician, physician assistant , dentist, registered nurse or another licensed healthcare practitioner. The minimum degree requirement for most of these professionals is a four-year bachelor's degree in pre-medicine, biology or related science.Which nurses have the most burnout? ›
Critical care nurses suffer the highest rates of burnout.
This is mainly due to the nature of the job, as critical care nurses work specialize in the emergency department (ED) and intensive care unit (ICU). As such, their work environment is constantly fast-paced, meticulous, and demanding.
These nurses administer more basic care and typically don't have to work long hours and overnight shifts, so this field of nursing tends to be low-stress. Even with less excitement, these nurses find fulfillment in providing basic and family care to those in need.
I would have to say being selfish, anxious, unreliable, and impatient are some signs that would indicate a person is not cut out to be a nurse. If you find yourself not being able to put others needs before your own it would be hard to deal with a patient population.Can a new grad be an aesthetic nurse? ›
Overall, aesthetic nursing is an excellent option for newly graduated or veteran registered nurses who are interested in exploring one of the quickest-growing specialties in the medical field.How do I get into aesthetics? ›
To be a qualified aesthetic practitioner, you likely want to get a bachelor's degree in aesthetics. Going to university for aesthetic practitioner training provides you with all the experience and credentials required to immediately start as an aesthetician.What is a nurse injector? ›
A nurse injector is an RN or APRN who specializes in providing aesthetic beauty services such as Botox neurotoxin injections and dermal fillers. Some of the duties of this role entail: Consulting with patients in detail regarding various aesthetic options to achieve their desired outcomes.What is the lowest paid nurse? ›
The lowest salary for a nurse is for licensed nurse practitioners (LPNs). The median salary for LPNs is about $47,000.What is the lowest type of nurse? ›
As the name suggests, CNAs assist nurses with patient admittance and vitals. It is the lowest-level credential related to the nursing field and the quickest point of entry.What state pays RNs the least? ›
Highest-paying states for RNs, adjusted for cost of living
As of 2021, Hawaii tops the list at 119.3, while Mississippi comes in lowest, at 87.8.
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists earn a median salary of $195,610 per year according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, making it the top paying nursing specialty. CRNAs typically work 40 hours per week, making the hourly wage average out to approximately $94.04 per hour.Can a nurse make $500,000 a year? ›
Reeves said new nurses can make up to $500,000 by the age of 27, if they follow her step-by-step guide to success. “Want your life to look like mine?
- Work the night shift.
- Pull an occasional extra shift.
- Keep up with your certifications.
- Add additional certifications to your resume.
- Work in critical care areas (ER or ICU)
- Work as a travel nurse.
- Earn an advanced degree.
- Move into management.
The most stressful nursing jobs include ICU nurse, ER nurse, and NICU nurse. In these roles, nurses work in an intense environment with high stakes.What are the top 3 causes of nurse burnout? ›
Some of the most common reasons for nurse burnout include long work hours, sleep deprivation, a high-stress work environment, lack of support, and emotional strain from patient care.Why are so many nurses leaving the profession? ›
Another recent report by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing found about 100,000 registered nurses left the profession since 2020. More than 600,000 intend to leave by 2027 due to stress, burnout and retirement.Is aesthetic nursing competitive? ›
Aesthetic nursing can be a competitive field. Your state board of nursing determines your scope of practice.What is the fastest nurse to become? ›
The fastest way to become an RN is through an RN diploma program, which can be completed in as little as a year. While completing this program does not lead to a degree, it does make the individual eligible to take the NCLEX and earn their RN license.How do I get my first job as an aesthetic nurse? ›
- Enroll in an undergraduate degree program. Employers require any RN to have an undergraduate education. ...
- Take the NCLEX-RN exam. ...
- Apply for licensure. ...
- Obtain a position as an RN. ...
- Earn your aesthetic nurse specialist certification.
An aesthetics nurse is a perfect nursing specialty if you have who have a passion for skin care and want to have a more direct impact on patient care. An aesthetics nurse, like all nurses, can truly make a big difference in the quality of life for many people.What does an aesthetic nurse do on a resume? ›
Give patients information on the various cosmetic products available at the clinic. Maintain and update patient records and work with insurance providers. Provide administrative assistance and maintain an inventory of supplies. Assist with laser and intense pulse-light treatments.Do you have to be a nurse to inject Botox in Texas? ›
Aestheticians In Texas
Texas Botox Certification Requirements state that, you must be a licensed medical professional to inject.